Sunday, April 6, 2008

Update


I never really kept up with this blog because I wasn't sure if anyone was reading it.

We now have supper club on Monday nights and that is a standing decision. If you can come, GREAT! If you cannot, we'll miss you!

Last week was a farewell dinner to my cousins who were visiting from Arizona. They made their momma's famous taco rice and we added all the fixin's. Jefferson even brought queso. I know, weird, huh?

After dinner #1 and her best friend Smokey headed out to the driveway for a game of Sky Soccer. We all soon joined them and really had a ton of fun. I think #2 might have been a little bummed when he face planted in the driveway. And even more upset when the giant beach ball hit him square in the head. He didn't let it show, however.

One by one we made it over to the front yard to do a little star gazing. #1 engineered a homemade telescope and we argued over where the Little Dipper was. Some of us could see it. Some of us could not. All along we were laughing, enjoying each other's company and having a blast. #1 thought we were camping and soon had her sleeping bag out.

Though the best moment was when she came outside with a marshmallow on a bamboo stick from the backyard! What a girl, wanting to make s'mores!!!

We really laughed harder than I had in ages, which was good, considering the day I had had. And it was nice not to focus on the fact that my cousins were departing in the morning. That part made me sad.

So, check back, I will try and keep this more up to date!

3 comments:

Sarah Knapp said...

I can't wait for my next supper club! And I'll be practicing my sky soccer, you just wait:-)

P.S. - Who's Jefferson?!?!? :-)

Sarah Knapp said...

Ah, now that I see the rest of the blog - I see the aliases:-)

Angela said...

That night falls into my top ten of all time great nights!